Coleraine and Bushmills

The 75-metre long Millennium bridge at Coleraine was opened in May, 2001, is the lowest crossing point of the river Bann, just a few metres downstream of the historic busy Town bridge which was completed in 1844. It is much more than a mere "side bridge" being an elegant structure in its own right. The bridge plays a valuable role in diverting pedestrians and cyclists away from the busy road bridge. 

 

Click on the thumbnail to get the big picture

Created with Easy Website Photo Gallery

 

The Giant's Causeway and Bushmills Railway has recently been reconstructed along the line of the old tramway between the two locations, which includes rebridging the river Bush at the site of the old bridge. The restoration has included the construction of a cycle and foot-path adjacent to the railway. Where the railway crosses the bridge, a sideways extension has been added to the bridge to carry the path. For further information see the Railway website

Click on the thumbnail to get the big picture

Created with Easy Website Photo Gallery

 


View Coleraine in a larger map

HomeOther bridges