De Lacy Footbridge, Drogheda

The De Lacy Bridge was opened in 2005 and, apart from the Boyne Railway Viaduct, is the lowest crossing point of the River Boyne. It is named after Hugh De Lacy who founded the town of Drogheda in 1194. The bridge was built in conjunction with Phase 1 of the Scotch Hall shopping centre development on the south bank of the river.

Click on the thumbnail to get the big picture

Created with Easy Website Photo Gallery


HomeOther bridges